15 March 2011

Hear Our Prayers, Lord

Lord, my mind is racing with possibilities as I wait for news of what we have worrying about.  Quiet my mind and lessen my anxiety during this time of waiting.  I turn this situation over to Your care, confident that You will bring a quick and positive result according to Your will.  Amen.



Prayer to Saint Dymphna


In Nervous or Emotional Distress
I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your
willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving
you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that
through your kind intercession He will restore my lost serenity and peace of mind.
May He speak to my heart and reassure me: "My peace I give you. Let not your heart
be troubled nor let it be afraid." Pray for me, dear St. Dymphna, that my nervous
and emotional turmoil may cease, and that I may again know serenity and personal
peace.
Amen.

Prayer to St. Jude


Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly - (here make your request) that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.

I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...