26 July 2011

Fashion in Work

There has been a study stating that a person spends more than half of his/her life in the office or work area. This is true for young professionals like me who works from Monday to Friday, 8.15 hours a day. I like my work because I know that when my salary comes, I can buy the things, clothes or shoes that I intend to buy. If I spend around 30 to 50 SGD per month for usual shirts, pants, dresses or shorts from Uniqlo or F21, I should also spare a certain amount for my work clothes. OK, I am not justifying the idea that I need to buy clothes every month but come to think of it, investing on work clothes is not a bad idea after all.

Scanning through my closet, you will see a range of tops, blouses or dresses with different "bright" or blunt colors. I call the left side of my closet the "informals", where the bright colors are, while the middle part of my closet is called the "formals" where the boring beige and undesirable black can be seen. Just by looking at the height of stacked clothes between informals and formals, you will know that I spend most of my money buying informals than formals. With this comparison, I made a mental note of buying formals this weekend.

But what type of formals or work clothes do I like?

I know myself and I also know that in buying clothes, I go for comfortable, not too flashy and unique. So, here are some of the work clothes that I'd like to mirror and hopefully, I can buy these in the coming weeks and wear them to work.

Slacks and Pants
Ever since I started working, my idea of corporate look involves a crisp black slacks and a collared blouse with peep-toe shoes or flat Mary Janes. With this in mind, I'd like to shy away from this statement and buy lighter colored slacks.

http://thelavenderlily.blogspot.com

http://e-fashionstyles.com  
I like all the styles seen above! I like how the pants goes down perfectly accompanied by a great blouse that is not necessarily collared. My body isn't this thin but I'm that I can find clothes like this for my size.

Dresses, Dresses and Dresses
Majority of my mood in dressing up for work involves considering if I like to wear pants, skirt or dress. When I'm lazy, I choose to wear a dress or a skirt. So, I plan to buy skirts or dresses for my work clothes.

Image Not Mine

http://blog.shoplet.com
I like simple dresses that are comfortable and not much of a hassle. Chiffon or free flowing dresses are nice and I hope I can find good quality and cheap dresses like these.

Tops and Blouses
Even if the pants or slacks that I will buy are simple, the blouses or tops that I will pair them will be the highlight of my dream work clothes closet.


Tops or blouses that are light and comfy are my main priority. I also like to buy colored and vibrant hues to make my closet lively.

So there. A compilation of the work clothes style that I wish to fulfill. I hope that I can have the budget and the time and patience to find these styles. I know not all of the styles here will look good to me but at least I now have a basis of what I want and what style I want to pursue.

Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...