15 March 2011

American Idol 10: The Top 12 Song Choice (I Wish!)

I just found out that the performance of the Top 12 Idol contestants of Season 10 will have a central theme. And the theme is "the songs on the year they were born".

This theme made me excited! But when I saw the year when the contestants were born, I was so shocked! Majority of them were born on the 90's.


So, I searched and searched for the songs that are suitable for each contestant. I really wish that some of them will actually sing the songs that I choose for them. Haha!

1984
Paul - Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
Well, I love Paul! He is currently my new crush I'd really like him to stay for a long time in Idol. So, I choose for him "Time After Time". I'm kinda imagining that he will give new spice to this song. With his wonderful voice and crazy movements. I also wish that he will just sit down and play his guitar for his song.

Naima - What's Love Got to Do (Tina Turner)
After Naima's wonderful performance last week, I wanted her to sing something slow this week. But not too slow! What's Love Got to Do can really bring out her versatility in singing. If she pulls that performance off, I will definitely root for her to win.

1987
Jacob - "Don’t Dream It's Over" (Crowded House)
Ok, I know! Basing from Jacob's tone of voice, this song is just normal for him. But I guess, he needs to tone down also. I hope he sings this song, quietly and not over doing it.

1988
Pia - Foolish Heart (Debbie Gibson)
Again, Pia has a wonderful voice and I believe that whatever she sings, it will turn out OK. Given this fact, she needs to show her flexibility in singing. If she sings Foolish Heart in a Bossanova style (think Sitt), I'm sure people will love it.

1989
James - I'll Be There for You (Bon Jovi)
Our OA contestant will again have the chance to be OA if he sings this song. But this song will definitely make him stand out if he pulls it off. The tone and mood of the song suits James perfectly. I just can't wait to see him strut his style with the melody.

Karen - Like a Prayer (Madonna)
OK Karen, we get it. You love Latin songs but we are sick of it already. If you choose Like a Prayer and you survive to sing it, I will choose you instead of Haley. Because right now, I wish that you will be out next but if you pull this off, I think you can stay.

Stefano - Another Day in Paradise (Phil Collins)
Our cute boy will sing a Phil Collins song that suits his voice. I just wish that if he chooses this song, he won't tear it up make into a dance song. I like this song the way it is and I'm sure he can recreate it nicely.

1991
Casey - (Everything I Do) I Do It for You (Brayan Adams)
My guy bet to win will surely win if he sings this song. Casey's voice can sing any song and he surely pull it off because he has heart when he sings. You can see his emotions when he sings and this song will really cut through everyone heart when he sings it perfectly. I kinda like it if Paul does a duet with him.

Haley - You're In Love (Wilson Philips)
Haley has this annoying girly voice that I hate. So, this song suits her perfectly. A girly song for a girly voice. I know this will not be her song choice. but whatever it is, I hope she or Karen leaves the contest.

1993
Scott - Have I Told You Lately by Rod Stewart
Well, Scott is a very cute kid. He sings country songs beautifully. But we need to hear him sing usual songs. I think this song will bring out the best in his voice.

1994
Lauren - Stay (I Missed You) by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
I love this song! I think this song needs to be remembered once again and I think Lauren can give justice to my past fave song. With the intensity of Lauren's voice, this song will have  a new twist.

1995
Thia - One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men
As I Lay Me Down by Sophie B. Hawkins
I choose 2 songs for Thia because I know that her sweet voice can really perform well in these songs. I really wish she steps up a bit so she can shine well. Her last performance was great but she needs to move around. I though she was the one going home because of her drama. I just hope that she lightens up a bit.

So there, the songs I wish the Idol contestants will sing. I can't wait for their performance already! I hope they all give us a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...