07 March 2011

Gnomeo and Juliet

Doms and I decided to watch a movie yesterday.  We were arguing what movie to watch. I wanted something light and something that I will smile. Doms wanted adventure and actions. So, we were torn between Gnomeo and Juliet and Adjustment Bureau. 

Well, just what this blog implies, naturally I won. We watched Gnomeo and Juliet.



The movie started with a very cute gnome narrating about the novel Romeo and Juliet. I gave a loud snort when he said, "The story you about to see has been told before. A lot."

Well this was a reality. romeo and Juliet has been told a hundred times! In movies or in theaters or even in music videos, you will always find a relation to the famous novel.

It's a good thing Disney was able to lighten up the story of these 2 star-crossed lovers who was doomed by using Gnomes! This was a hilarious idea! The gnomes are so cute and I wanted to buy all of them and put it my garden!


All in all, the start of the story was nice. The stand of each family was clearly showed. I particularly loved the part when Gnomeo and Juliet met. I was so funny! I loved the song too! "Hello, Hello" by Elton John really matched the scenes. I also loved the idea of the "click" sound every time the gnomes touch each other. Reminds the audience that they are made of porcelain.


Anyway, there were hints here and there based from the novel. "Parting is such a sweet sorrow" was mentioned by Nanette, the frog companion of Juliet. Even Shakespeare appeared in the movie as the statue that Gnomeo was talking too in the college grounds.



I loved the movie but i didn't like the ending for the humans. They didn't even explain what happened when the two rival humans saw the wrecked backyard. Did they reconcile as well?

Here is my rating for the movie:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...