07 March 2011

My First Attemp of Cooking Carbonara

I was so happy when I saw a very simple recipe of Carbonara. I got all the ingredients listed and the procedure was very easy to follow.

Here it is:

250 grams of spaghetti
2 cups grated cheese. I used cheddar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup full cream milk
1 pack of streaky bacon. fried until crispy
Dried Oregano
Salt
Pepper

1. cook the pasta spaghetti according to package instructions.
2. Drain noodles but do not wash.
3. In a separate sauce pan, heat full cream milk.
4. add grated cheddar cheese and beaten egg.
5. Stir constantly.
6. Once the sauce is thick and creamy, pour sauce in drained noodles and mix until the sauce covers the noodles.
7. Add fried bacon and mix well.
8. Top Carbonara with dried oregano leaves.


Best served with garlic bread.


I can say that relatively, my carbonara was quite successful. I was just bothered when the sauce became clumpy and the when the noodle started to absorb the sauce that left the past dry. Other than that, it tasted well.

Oh, don;t forget to season the sauce with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...