22 March 2011

Hypochondriasis Feeling, Go Away

Am I experiencing hypochondria?

Why is it every time I read about a sickness or illness, I always think I have that sickness? Is it because I can feel the pain of the symptoms? Is it because I read too much information about a sickness online?

SEGWAY
I saw this site online that made me laugh. Confession of a Hypochondriac This could be me and my site!

Hypochondria refers to the excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness. It is often characterized by fears that minor bodily symptoms may indicate a serious illness, constant self-examination and self-diagnosis, and a preoccupation with one's body.

A few months before the wedding, I was feeling sick mainly because my manager had an ovarian operation. I instantly thought I also have a cyst in my ovary.  I went to 2 doctors in Manila just to have my reproductive organs checked. I had a pap smear, abdominal ultrasound and other tests done to me just to see if I also have cyst similar to my boss. Everything turned up as an infection and I was given medicine.

I was so worried and I always had sleepless nights thinking about the cyst.

I thought my worrying is over, until I felt the stabbing pain in my abdomen again. I am now thinking, maybe this pain is not about my reproductive organs. Maybe this pain is about my Kidney or my Liver?

See, hypochondria feeling again!
Photo Credits
I hate this feeling! I want this to go away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...